Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Worms continued

A new record was set for the number of wee folk who wanted NO part of holding a red wiggler worm today.  I was good, I didn't laugh when a few of the we-want-no-part-of-this-worm-holding-thing made a point of standing up and putting both of their hands between their legs--in case I got it into my head to force the issue.

I guess they didn't understand how protective I am of my worms.  No way do I want any of those timid, little creatures to go flying through the air, accompanied with shrieks of terror.

After I finished reading Wendy Pfeiffer's, Wiggling Worms at Work, and the willing participants held/observed the worms, we washed our hands and returned to the science area.  I told them it was time for my surprise, that we were going to eat worms.  The first 3 of the 4 groups were skeptical and patiently waited for me to show my cards.  But a member of the last group of the day, gasped loudly, setting the tone of concern that made my whole entire day.

Don't worry, I didn't milk it.  I quickly showed my bag of gummy worms before they went screaming for the exit.

No comments: