Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hello October!

And as I greet you, I'll continue on pulling out the long pants, try and figure out which coat will get me through the changing temps of the day and begin shifting the brain from summer cooking to autumn recipes.
Squash Poster
At happy hour last night, there was talk of soup and squash.  Makes me want to plan a trip (soon) out to EZ Orchards to browse through their squash varieties.  I need to find a good book on which is best for what.  I think it was last year that I learned which pumpkin/squash varieties were best for a pumpkin pie.

Please share your squash knowledge.  I'm hungry to learn!  :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I have zero squash knowledge. but I like that poster!

KandN said...

Emily, I know what you mean. I was so close to buying that poster--until I realized I have no place to put it in my kitchen.